Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 24, 2009

Blessed.













Pics by Heather, not so good photographer.





Michaela and Aunt KT




Easter. Like my bunny purse?





Life has been wonderful here lately. The Lord has blessed us in so many wonderful ways. It is so easy to see how blessed we truly are when we go though little bumps in the road. Michaela was sick last week. When you have a sick child, days in which they are well are just such a wonderful blessing.
We started going to the W today to use the pool. Michaela was a little squimish at first, but by the time we were finished, she was a little fish. I am determined to get her swimming on her own by the end of the summer. I just really want her to be comfortable in the water at a young age. I am also trying to go a few times a week to swim laps. It is so hard to get dedicated. I have to say though, I am feeling so good from the extra exercise that this just might very well stick. I just want to tone the not so firm areas, if you know what I mean. Having a child really can do some weird things to the tummy area. I am sure that many of you ladies know exactly what I am talking about.
Michaela got some pics done about a month ago. Addie Talley did them, and I am so pleased!!!! If anyone needs a fantastic photographer, I highly recommend her. Esp for the active child. She got 100 pictures that I absolutely love. If you would have been there, you would understand how much of a miracle this actually is. Michaela is a very active child and she didn't want to cooperate some of the time. Addie got some great shots even during the "storms of uncooperation!"
Still trying to have a baby. Frustrating at times, but we are still confident that this is just not the Lord's timing. It does get old though when people make comments about how I need to have my kids close together because they will not be close if they are too far apart. I am like, "trust me, if I could I would have one every year!" Not really, but I think sometimes people forget that some people have difficulties getting pregnant. It is so true though, that it is the Lord's timing that is the best timing. I can look back on so many things in my life and see that my timing was "screwed up" and that His timing was so perfect. I can only see the smallest speck of the big picture. I know that He can see the whole thing. All I can rely on is faith and prayer. So far, it is serving us well. We are so so so joyous over everything we have and if God decides to grant us another miracle, that will just almost be too much to handle! I will say this though, if I do get pregnant anytime soon, watch out, because I am going to be shouting it from the rooftops!
I am still, yes, still loving our small little teeny house. I keep thinking the new will wear off, but I just like the cozy small area. I guess I just hate cleaning that much. Ha Ha.
Michaela has been stinking hilarious these days. The things she comes out with puts me in stitches quite often. The mind of a child is so amazing. She never ceases to leave me with my jaw on the ground and my mouth sore from smiling so much. I mean, you just never know what is going to come out of this little ones mouth. I am beginning to see more and more of her personality blossom. She is really motherly. Really bossy! Tenderhearted. Really bossy. I could go on and on but you see where I am going. She will be a wonderful big sis and mommy one day. The other day, Chris got on to her about something. She got this pitiful face and said, "Daddy... That made me willy sad." It was so funny. She is trying to work on our more sensitive sides. I have to say though, we just busted out laughing. Motherly side.... We were over at Jenn and Taylor's (Michaela's best friend, she will tell you this if she hasn't already) the other day and Michaela comes running up to Jenn and I and says, "Ms Jenn, I am worried that Taylor is going to get hurt." She was climbing on a rocking chair outside. I still can't figure out if Michaela was really just concerned or if she was being a tattle tale. I guess we will never know. She is a sweetie though. Even though sometimes she makes me want to pull my hair out. Hee Hee
Been sewing some lately. I am really loving it. I will post some pics of outfits soon. I have decided it is a great way to give gifts. I am going to try to start making baby gifts and so forth. I just have to figure out what I want to make first. Anyways, I hope that all is well with all of you out there who may actually take the time out to read this. Have a blessed day. Look for the blessings in life. They aren't hard to find when you actually look. Tah Tah for now!

5 comments:

laurenkelly said...

about time you gave us an update!! the pics are adorable!!

Celeste said...

Thanks for the update. When are we going to hang out again? I miss you!!! I have not fallen off the face of the earth again; I promise. We were on vacation and then this week we have all been sick. Lee is still sick. Hopefully I will see you soon, and I love your blog post and pictures!!! I love you, C-

Steph said...

What wonderful pictures! I know Michaela will make a wonderful big sister when God's timing is right. Don't you just wish people would keep their opinions to themselves about "when" to have children and how many! We will be praying for your family.

Unknown said...

Hey Heather...
It's Erica Moity. I found your blog through Audie's and loved looking at the cute pictures of Michaela. She is such a doll! Couldn't help but put my opinion in...God's timing will be perfect for your next miracle. I am so glad you are trusting in Him. And don't worry about age difference causing a lack of closeness. I think both your family and mine can testify that that is not always the case! Hope all is still well with you all!

Josh, Jessica, and Alyssa said...

I was wondering if you were still blogging. This seems to be the only way I catch up with you C-town folks. It's been a while since we were able to come for the whole weekend (i.e. able to go to church on Sunday). We miss you all!