Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We are alive!

Hey everyone. I feel like I have fallen off of the face of the earth in the past month. I am usually good at keeping up with everyone on here and posting periodically, but I just haven't been into it here lately. I think I just have so much to share, that I don't know where to start.

Quick Michaela update:
---Potty Trained in December, We are loving it!!!
---Paci free for almost two weeks!!!! I seriously dreaded this and imagined it would be a nightmare to get rid of her paci. I hate to admit it, but she got it taken away from her for pulling someone's hair. I figured it would make a lasting impression to take it away for a nap. Well, she did so well with sleeping for the nap, that I said, HMMMM I think we will try putting a positive spin on the fact that she did so well without it and try paci free again tonight. Well, I really talked up the fact that she was so big that she doesn't need it anymore. She agreed and told me she wanted to give them to babies. Well, we haven't done that yet, but we are going to wrap them up and give them to baby Thomas and Colin. She hasn't asked for them in over a week and I am just so thankful. I have to admit, it has been harder on me then it was on her. I just loved seeing her sucking on that thing when she was sound asleep. It was so stinking cute!
---Favorites: bunny, baby Helen and Becky, loves putting diapers on all of her dolls and feeding them a bottle, she is always soothing the babies when they "get hurt or are crying," shoes shoes shoes (esp... flip flops, thank goodness it is getting warmer outside,) asparagus, gummies, yogurt, pizza, hotdogs, nutrigrain bars, loves the outdoors (thank goodness, once again, it is getting warmer outside,) step stool for the potty (carries it everywhere,) movies Open Season, Alladin, Imagination Movers, reading books, singing, playing with playdough, stickers, and much much more. I am enjoying her so much. It is amazing how much my love grows for her each day.

Update on Chris:
---building a spec house, still for sale if anyone wants to buy a beautiful house
---finishing up a custom house and possibly starting two more (God is really providing for us in an amazing way even though the economy is not reflecting a good housing market)
---loves his job and I am so proud of the job that he does
---teaching our Sunday school class at church, if you are looking for a church family, come give us a visit

Update on me:
---went to Dr. to get tests run... everything looks great, it is just not God's timing for me to have another child, I prefer His timing over mine
---loving my new house still, the small space is still perfectly wonderful for me
---I am itching to get into some sewing, I want to make some things for the house and some cutie clothes for Michaela
---missing my family!!!!
---taking a cake decorating class. I have really enjoyed it thus far. Chris enjoys the product.

Anyways, there is a small profile of what is up here with the Clardy family. Time flies by so fast because we stay so busy. I am working on getting more out of my day. I really don't know where the time goes. I have tried to upload some pics several times and it is not working! I will put some up soon.

3 comments:

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

I figured you were busy, but its good to see a new post...

Isnt the potty training the best thing in the world?! We are still struggling on that front....

Yay for no pacis - another blessing!

Glad that yall are doing so well... its always good to hear how good people are doing instead of the terrible that usually evades everything

Owen and Erin said...

Heather, it is good to hear how things are going for the Clardy's. I will be in Columbus for HC. Hopefully I will see you! Love you!

Amber said...

Michaela is such a big girl for being potty trained AND paci free. ^_^ Yay! Great to hear you all are doing well! We miss you!