Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What a Crazy Few Weeks!

Michaela likes to get in her pool anytime. Even when fully clothed! I love the ghetto bootie in this picture. It is amazing how much a diaper can absorb!
She is all about mommies sunglasses now. I think she thinks she looks cool.
It is a treat when mommy actually gives in and lets Michaela see the cell phone. She really thinks she is hot stuff then!
Well, it has been a while. First of all, my wonderful mother was here with us for a week after Michaela's birthday. It was an absolute joy to have her here. I just wish my family lived closer. Michaela had a blast with Grammy too! The weekend after Michaela's bday, mom stayed with her for a night while Chris and I went over to B'ham for a night. That was the first night I had away from Michaela, so although it was very wierd and I thought about her very often, it was a treat for Chris and I to be able to get away and relax! Thanks mommy, your the best.
Michaela got her shots right after her birthday and they did not go over well. She has never really had any type of reaction before, so this was all new to me. It took her a good week to start feeling herself again. I am just thankful that there is only one more round left for a long while! At her year checkup, everything looked great. She weighed 20 lb 10 oz and is 30 inches tall. It is amazing how much they grow in the first year.
Michaela is still not full out walking, but as close as you can get. Seven steps is the most I have seen her take at one time before realizing she gets places faster crawling. It is amazing to me that she loves to pick up heavy things and stand dancing like a maniac, yet she still has no real desire to take this walking thing to the next level. It will come at the right time though.
Well there is a lot more to share but I will do this at a later date! I have too much to do today, although I would love to share my life story on here. I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful rest of the week. Remember, life is precious, life is sweet...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I love looking at all the pics and catching up on your lives...I can't believe it has been so long! I think this blog is the coolest idea. It's amazing how much Michaela is growing!
I love you!
Hannah

addie&daniel said...

hey, I cant believe you guys are still in Columbus.... we should get together sometime, we live in East Columbus now.... :)

-daniel & addie

The Crawfords said...

So good to see you and meet you this weekend! What a cute family!