Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 10, 2008

So much to be thankful for.

The new thrill: "hawsie, hawsie"
Michaela was bouncing on my suitcase as I was attempting to pack for our trip to Foley.
Here is another dress we made for Michaela a few months back. She thought she was looking good.
We went to a Japanese steak house in Foley. It was a lot of fun, and Michaela was entertained the entire time. It was pretty interesting though that I don't recall seeing even one Oriental person working in the entire place.
Well, we spent this past week in Foley visiting family. It was a great time. We installed wood floors in my parent's house among several other renovation projects. I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed installing the floor. I couldn't hardly move the next few days, but it was still a lot of fun. I would much rather do that than paint!!! Anyways, Michaela got to spend a lot of time with her great grandparents, great aunt, and BeBe and Dutch. She calls my mom BeBe. She doesn't want to refer to her as anything else. It is really precious to see her interact with family. She is showered with so much love and it really makes your heart go out for kids who don't get the love and affection that they deserve. They thrive on it! Anyways, I have to tell a BOB story for all of you who may or may not know my dad. Calling him crazy is such an understatement. Here is one of the funnies that happened this past week though:
Chris is a CiCi's pizza lover, so since he had been working his tail off in Foley, we decided to go to lunch there. Well, dad had some crusty, paint spotted clothes on, so I highly encouraged him to go change before we went to lunch. He thought that the notion of him having to have clean clothes on at a place like CiCi's was ridiculous. Anyways, we are getting stuff together to head out the door for lunch and dad comes out of his room yelling, "I'm ready to go!" I look up only to see his crack-head self in a full suit and tie. The only time he ever puts on that attire is for an evening wedding, and even then, that is iffy. Anyways, we laughed our tails off, even though he was being a smarty pants. That is just one story among several others I could share with you. I am so blessed to have such a fun dad. He always has us in stitches. Mom needs to get an award for putting up with all of his outlandish actions. If you know my dad, you know that there is noone else in the world quite like him.

1 comment:

Sarah Argo said...

Thanks for the wonderful laugh! I can just picture your Dad...and to even say that there is no one quite like him is still somehow and understatement! ;o) I miss ALL of you guys so much!
Keep enjoying that sweet Michaela!