Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 14, 2009

Michaela's 3rd Bday!

At Birthday dinner with MiMi and POp. We went to Mi Hacienda.
Her school party.

Michaela and Ms Amanda, her CDC teacher.

Showing off her birthday dress that mommy made her.
Aunt KT was able to make it. Michaela is sporting her new birthday swimsuit from Aunt Audie, who we dearly missed!!
She was so proud of all of her presents. She told Carrington she wanted a puppy dog, and she was excited to see that her request was filled. She loves everything she got!!!!


Mommy with the birthday girl. Cake was yummy, thanks to a joint effort from my mother in law. I am not much of a baker, so she baked the cake and I did the iccing and decorated it! Yummy chocolate.

MiMi and Pops golf cart was a big hit!


The tire swing Chris just put up was also a big hit for the kids. They also were able to play on the "playground" daddy built. They are all wet from the slip in slide, which proved to be amusement for several of the kiddos!

I know, I know, I have not posted in forever and a day. I have very good reason to post today though. My baby girl just had her 3rd birthday!!!! I cannot believe how fast the time has gone by. It seems like just a short time has passed since she was born. I have to say that as time goes by, the days just get sweeter and sweeter. We have been so blessed to have this precious little girl in our care during our time here on earth. I am just so thankful that the Lord saw fit for Chris and I to be able to raise her and love on her for this time. It is such a joy! She has just really blossomed over this last year into such a character. Anyone that knows her can attest to the fact that she is very dramatic and full of life. (Usually a good thing, but not always! :) ) I have not decided what she will do in life quite yet, but I do imagine that she could be quite the sales person. People ask me often, how can you say no to that. Well, I have to admit that she is quite convincing, but I have mastered the art of saying no when needed, all to her dismay I suppose. Anyways, I could go on for days about my little Michaela. SHe and her daddy are the light of my life.

I never quite understood or imagined how strong a parent's desire for the best for their child. Our biggest prayer, as parents, is not for her safety, health, and success (although very important to us), but that she will come to know the Lord Jesus at a young age. I desire so strongly for her to live her life in love with the Lord, serving Him!!! It is such a large responsibility for Chris and I to be an active example of Christ in her life, and I know that so many times I miserably fail. I am putting my trust in the Lord that He will call her and that she will be sensitive to His calling on her life. When she accepts Him into her heart, oh what a glorious day! That birthday will be the one worth most celebration!

Thank you to all of you who are reading this who have had an impact on her life, whether it be indirectly through prayer, or directly through pouring love into her. I am so thankful that she is surrounded by so much love from all of our family and friends. We are so wonderfully blessed with amazing people in our lives.
Here are some pics from her third bday party. I will update on past few months soon hopefully. I have a ton of pics documenting all the summer fun we had.



2 comments:

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Michaela! You are so beautiful.... Im glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Jason and Leigha said...

Heather,
I can't believe that sweet baby is already three. She is just precious! Thanks for sharing the pictures and stories about the party. I loved reading them. Michaela is blessed to have great parents like you and Chris. :)