Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Sweet Miracle.

Mommy and Michaela at her birthday celebration at my parent's house.
Blowing out the candles with daddy!
She really enjoyed tearing into her presents.
She was so funny saying "YAY" and clapping very consistently as we celebrated her life!

We have been at Orange Beach this past week, so we were able to celebrate Michaela's second birthday with both sides of the family. This was such a blessing. It was a lot of fun because she actually understands that it is her special day. She sang "Happy Birthday to Daddy..." along with every one else's names for days. She has been singing a lot within the past few weeks which is such sweet sounds to me. I hope she grows to have a love for music like her mommy.
I have had some emotional days here lately. Not because my baby is growing up so fast, but because with each day I realize how blessed I really am. I have a wonderful, loving husband who meets my every need and more. I also have a healthy, darling little girl in which I am so proud of. I know that she is a miracle and I never want to forget what the Lord has done for me by placing her in my care. She showers me with affection and words that make me want to shout praises on a daily basis. How is it that God can bless me in such an amazing way? I don't deserve it, but boy am I thankful.
I really desire to have more children, but I am so thankful for what I have. I never want to desire things I don't have more than things I do have. For God to bless me with another child would be Him working a double miracle in my life. I know that He is more than capable of doing that, but I also know that His plans are higher and more amazing than my plans. I am learning more and more each day to be content with what I have. It isn't hard at all when I focus on all the wonderful things I do have. God is so good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so gracious! I think that HE has taught each of us in our family a lot through that little 2 year old miracle. I'm so thankful that you have her and know that she is blessed to have you as her mommy! I love and miss you like crazy. Kiss that little punkin for me!

Caron said...

Hey Heather

I found your blog awhile back from another blog. Check out my blog at www.welcometothebyrdhouse.blogspot.com. I've learned through all my trials with wanting a second child that God's timing is always best. It's sometimes so hard to be patient. It took Michael and I a year and a half before we got pregnant with Owen. It seemed like an eternity!! Every month counting days, buying tests, and then the fustrating wait for the next month to try all over again. After having Owen I am so grateful that him and Matthew are 4 years apart. God knew exactly what he was doing. I pray for patience as you go through this journey.

Caron

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather, I love keeping up with you on your blog. I think your miracle is the cutest 2 year old ever. I am glad you are doing well...love you, Erin